Welcome to " I MISS MY KIDS"



I am finally falling captive to the blogger craze. I hope
to be an encourager to those of us who have
entered mid life and all that comes with it.
Jesus is the answer...
We just have to stay focused on him.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Hello Ladies........
  I know I know it's been forever.  I was away visiting my kids in MT and life continues to escape me daily.  I had a wonderful time in MT.  I got to spend a lot of extra time with my grandson Hudson.  He is a replica of my son Paul.  At four years old he is all boy and funny.  We took a hike one day all around the camp and when we arrived back home I said" Mercy I'm hot"  and Hudson replied " Lita who's Mercy"  I just love those babies!!!!
As I write this my daughter is getting ready to pull out from MT and begin her new journey to Ohio for a brand new ministry.  She has been swamped for the last two weeks with packing,dinners,and goodbyes..I talked with her yesterday and she was dreading that night as she would have to say goodbye to her brother and his wife and kids.  My heart did a flip and I immediately could identify.  I thought back as I ended our conversation to all of the goodbyes I have said in my life.  I moved every three years of my life as a child and I got to the point that I refused to say goodbye to some of the many friends I left behind.  It was harder every time we arrived at a new place to make friends as I was sure just to say goodbye in the next couple of years.  When I arrived in good ole NC little did I know this would be home for the next 35 years.  I had gotten out of the habit of having to say goodbye on  a regular basis.  Then my kids began leaving home one by one and here we go again.  Believe it or not those have gotten easier.  I think it is because I have a home base.  I am the one getting to stay.  I used to be so envious of my friends that got to stay.
All of that to say this. My Pastor just finished up a series in the book of Daniel.  We have talked for weeks of the soon return of Christ.  I was thinking am I ready to say goodbye to this world for my heavenly home?  Most of us would say yes, of course, are you crazy?.  I was thinking of having to say goodbye to some of my family that doesn't know him and to friends that I am not quite sure about.  All of those goodbyes in a twinkling of an eye?  Not so easy now huh?  Don't get me wrong I am but a passer by-er in this world.  As it says in I Peter 2:15-17 we are not to love this world nor the things that it offers...this world is fading away and all the things that people crave along with it,but it has become my home base and I am comfortable here most of the time..that's my point I don't want to be comfortable here anymore.  I want the urgency of my family coming to know him to burn deep in my heart.  I want to be able to say I am going to love that big goodbye to this world because it will be one big hello to those I love for all of eternity.  How ready are you to say goodbye?  A lot of food for thought.  Let's pray for a new hunger to see people come to Christ...the big goodbye might just be around the corner....you know in a twinkling of an eye.
Love you all.  Safe traveling Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment