Welcome to " I MISS MY KIDS"



I am finally falling captive to the blogger craze. I hope
to be an encourager to those of us who have
entered mid life and all that comes with it.
Jesus is the answer...
We just have to stay focused on him.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Casting All Of My Cares???

Well I am officially behind.  Mondays are my blog days and here it is already Tuesday.  Better late than never huh??
I am doing a Bible Study by Waylon B Moore.  The title is "Living God's Word"  It's basically about learning to apply God's word in my life.  This study places a lot of emphasis on memorization of scripture of which I am horrible at.  I should really say I choose not to be good at it.  For years I have retained all the great rock songs of the 70's and I mean word for word remembering.  I could totally win "Name That Tune"  For those of you who are wondering what is she talking about...what show??..what year??...whatever...the point I am trying to make is that I wish I had chosen to take scripture that seriously.  I chose to follow Christ in my late teen years so I was kind of new to the whole Christian walk thing as I was busy listening to all that wonderful pop music.  I still shudder as I occasionally hear "One Tin Soldier"  those words are awful and I still know them by heart.  Ladies God's word changes the heart..I am finally choosing to memorize scripture.  The verse for this week is I Peter 5:7..Casting all your care upon him, because he cares about you.  That verse jumped out at me and I pondered on it for a long time into the night (sleeping issues).  Really grabbing a hold of "because he cares about me"  Does it mean that if I don't cast my cares upon him He doesn't care about me..thank heavens ..no!  The word because changes everything. The privilege of casting my cares upon him is simply that.  We can cast our cares upon him BECAUSE he cares for us already.  He wants my cares...imagine that..wanting someones problems.  I like to think I can help people with their problems..but I don't know if casting them on me is something I can really do.  When you cast a fishing rod you cast it far away only to bring it back when the line snags a fish.  God wants me to cast my cares like the line.  He does not want me reeling them back in when I hit a snag that paralyzes me.  Imagine casting your cares to him and he like the fish grabs the care(bait) and snaps the line and we never carry that burden again.  Right...easier said than done..I live there.  I cast but I make sure that line is attached in case God can't handle it.  I reel it back time and time again and it gets heavier every time.  In verse 5 of that same chapter it says ...God resists the proud,but gives grace to the humble".  So here we go again it is a pride thing to continually keep my cares.  I am assuming God can't, but I can.. fix it that is.  Will I ever get it????  My daughter is in the midst of trying to sell her house..asap.  My great words of wisdom.."Molly God is in control.  Let him have this burden.  I find myself hanging up the phone and saying to myself "man how in the world is that house going to sell?"   My other daughter Angel called me today with similar issues.  I actually prayed for her right away.  She said to me " it's like putting your faith into practice..huh? "   Well at least I made one good cast today.  Sorry Molly..your mama may have a few flaws.  I am still learning to cast and I am still learning to be humble enough to let go of the line when it snags.  Ladies I challenge you to memorize I Peter 5:5-7.  When those burdens arise quote this over and over again...it is absolute freedom!!
My week started today as my little Piper was at home with her mama Friday and Monday.  Tuesday couldn't get here fast enough.  She is the joy of my day.  She got her ears pierced on Saturday..she looks fabulous...I am so blessed to be able to be a part of her life.  When the cares of my world get heavy I look at Piper and know that she holds the key.  She trusts me for all of her needs when she is here.  She doesn't think about it she just does it.  I want to be like Piper...as a child casting all my cares upon Him.  Thanks Erica..see I learn from  Piper all the time!

3 comments:

  1. This is the verse I had Audrey memorize as a child, she worried about everything. I need to remind her of this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm glad I have you to watch her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder...I need to cast a whole bunch!!

    ReplyDelete