Welcome to " I MISS MY KIDS"



I am finally falling captive to the blogger craze. I hope
to be an encourager to those of us who have
entered mid life and all that comes with it.
Jesus is the answer...
We just have to stay focused on him.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Leaving Deep Footprints

I was able to spend a wonderful weekend in the mountains of North Carolina this past weekend.  I used to attend this particular ladies retreat way back when I was first married.  As I drove around the beautiful facility I was reminded of all of the different buildings I had stayed in through the years.  That little ride down memory lane also sparked the spiritual journey I had traveled on through the years at the annual " Ladies Retreat ".  The first retreat I attended was when my daughter was only four months old.  I left her feeling totally guilty.  I met another mom at the retreat that had her four month old with her...she was nursing...guilt again.  I proceeded to hear from God that weekend and came home changed for a time.  I attended many more retreats and for the life of me I can't really remember a lot of life changing moments that lasted from those retreats.  So back to this weekend's retreat I decided that I was going to really seek the Lord during all of the meetings and come home changed.  The theme of the weekend was leaving footprints for others that come behind us.  The theme of the year for our Alliance Women has been " On the Move ".  We had a mother and daughter  team  that spoke from their experiences.  They have both been missionaries to foreign countries for years.  I really liked the mom and all she had to say.  She was older and chubby and took life not so seriously.  It was obvious she loved the Lord and depended on him for life in general.  She spoke during the last meeting of the weekend.  She spoke about being still and resting in God.  I feel like I spend a lot of time being still (physically that is)..but I don't spend a lot of time resting in God.  Really being still and listening for that small quite voice.  Not worrying about every little thing.  One statement that was made by another missionary was "worrying is momentary atheism".  I have been trying to process "being still and not worrying" together as a something I really want to put into practice in my life.  She quoted Psalm 62:1 "For God alone my soul waits in silence...,"  I don't think my soul ever waits in complete silence.  Palms 46:10 states"Be still and know that I am God"...so....being still gives me a chance to know God..awesome.  " Lord help me to be still".  I really want to know you.
On a lighter side the highlight of my weekend was spending time with my dear friend Cindy.  We laughed and laughed had wonderful adventures and grew in God together.  I was thinking back over past retreats and realized "ladies retreat" is the key.  I may not remember every spiritual truth but I still cherish the friendships that were created during all of those weekends.  Friendships that were bonded in tears and laughter and making commitments to the Lord together.  I believe women need women and it's during those retreat weekends that women learn to know that it's okay not to be perfect..we all relate somehow in our womanhood.  I spent Saturday night laughing and sharing with two women who are my daughter's age.  We hung out until 3:00 in the morning.  I spent time with my sisters from my former church.  God encouraged me with their fellowship that I have missed so much.  Laughing and sharing into the night will keep that bond alive.  God is good!!  I love Ladies Retreat!!
So bringing all of this together.  Through the years there have been women who left deep footprints of faith and encouragement to me during those short little weekends.  I came home being encouraged by spiritual giants...  My hope and prayer is I will step up and down firm into the life of another woman.  That I will leave a footprint of encouragement and happy laughter in the Lord.  Lord you are so good...let that be the deep foundation in all of my steps as I walk this journey with you.

P.S. Molly you are still my favorite retreat roomie..I love you baby and miss you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment